Is this what you're looking for?
Someone can help me in this? What i have change for rename user knoppix with other, i want only change the name( the home directory is indiferent);
Is this what you're looking for?
Thank you, , but i also want to change the user in the live CD, someone know what i have to do?
Same as you here, I am look for a way to do that.
But for me I prefer to have user enter ID and passwords.
My purpose is to have different users access to different network shares on the Windows based file server. Via Samba of course.
But I guess this answer could be in the <networking> folder of forum. I will look on.
![]()
I haven't done this myself, but have you just tried the adduser command? What are the results?
I think you are right, the add user is the 1st thing to do, then have to learn how to update that added user back into the CD.![]()
I've been trying to do this, but it never works. I'm guessing you need to install to the HD first...

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD
$34.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Western Digital WD Black 500GB WD5000LPLX 7200RPM 2.5” SATA HDD Lot of 4 Tested
$64.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500 GB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99