Is this what you're looking for?
Someone can help me in this? What i have change for rename user knoppix with other, i want only change the name( the home directory is indiferent);
Is this what you're looking for?
Thank you, , but i also want to change the user in the live CD, someone know what i have to do?
Same as you here, I am look for a way to do that.
But for me I prefer to have user enter ID and passwords.
My purpose is to have different users access to different network shares on the Windows based file server. Via Samba of course.
But I guess this answer could be in the <networking> folder of forum. I will look on.
![]()
I haven't done this myself, but have you just tried the adduser command? What are the results?
I think you are right, the add user is the 1st thing to do, then have to learn how to update that added user back into the CD.![]()
I've been trying to do this, but it never works. I'm guessing you need to install to the HD first...

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs Lightproof Storage Bags with
$38.98
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Vacuum/Air Duster Super Power Mini Car Vacuum Cleaner 4-in-1 air Blower Gun
$64.35
Octa Vacuum Vacuum Dock Whale Tail-Tablet Mount for iPad, Galaxy, Surface More
$36.00
Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$106.14