Is this what you're looking for?
Someone can help me in this? What i have change for rename user knoppix with other, i want only change the name( the home directory is indiferent);
Is this what you're looking for?
Thank you, , but i also want to change the user in the live CD, someone know what i have to do?
Same as you here, I am look for a way to do that.
But for me I prefer to have user enter ID and passwords.
My purpose is to have different users access to different network shares on the Windows based file server. Via Samba of course.
But I guess this answer could be in the <networking> folder of forum. I will look on.
![]()
I haven't done this myself, but have you just tried the adduser command? What are the results?
I think you are right, the add user is the 1st thing to do, then have to learn how to update that added user back into the CD.![]()
I've been trying to do this, but it never works. I'm guessing you need to install to the HD first...

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware.
$500.00
Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter
$74.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99