Is this what you're looking for?
Someone can help me in this? What i have change for rename user knoppix with other, i want only change the name( the home directory is indiferent);
Is this what you're looking for?
Thank you, , but i also want to change the user in the live CD, someone know what i have to do?
Same as you here, I am look for a way to do that.
But for me I prefer to have user enter ID and passwords.
My purpose is to have different users access to different network shares on the Windows based file server. Via Samba of course.
But I guess this answer could be in the <networking> folder of forum. I will look on.
![]()
I haven't done this myself, but have you just tried the adduser command? What are the results?
I think you are right, the add user is the 1st thing to do, then have to learn how to update that added user back into the CD.![]()
I've been trying to do this, but it never works. I'm guessing you need to install to the HD first...

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038ML-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$134.99
Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99
ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM
$49.99
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00