Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with cloop

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Problem with cloop

    I had no trouble making my cloop file. Its 716580707 bytes, which is I guess about 699mb. I recreated an iso and copied it to my windows machine for burning in nero. When I boot from the new CD, I get dumpoed to a minimal shell because it can't find the compressed filesystem.

    Any ideas?

    I know I need to redo the cloop file. Maybe I should shrink it some more? It would help if I had a command that works for 3.2. I kind of have 3 different versions of the commands to make the cloop and iso from three different versions of remastering how-to's, and wound up combining parts of them together to get a command that worked. So please give me a working command to recompress my filesystem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    as long as the compressed fs is in /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on the cd i don't see why it shouldn't work or what that might have to do with size

    did you change anything else?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    /mnt/cdrom/ is where its at now.
    and it needs to be in /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/?

    Considering the error is that it can't find the compressed files, that seems to be my problem....

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with cloop and kernel v 2.6.8.1
    By lunix* in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:46 PM
  2. Problem with cloop
    By lrathle in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 05:47 PM
  3. problem with cloop
    By sabel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:15 PM
  4. problem with cloop module...
    By Myrdhin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
  5. cloop 0.68 and Red Hat 7.3 problem compilation
    By lucky in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$140.00