as long as the compressed fs is in /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on the cd i don't see why it shouldn't work or what that might have to do with size
did you change anything else?
I had no trouble making my cloop file. Its 716580707 bytes, which is I guess about 699mb. I recreated an iso and copied it to my windows machine for burning in nero. When I boot from the new CD, I get dumpoed to a minimal shell because it can't find the compressed filesystem.
Any ideas?
I know I need to redo the cloop file. Maybe I should shrink it some more? It would help if I had a command that works for 3.2. I kind of have 3 different versions of the commands to make the cloop and iso from three different versions of remastering how-to's, and wound up combining parts of them together to get a command that worked. So please give me a working command to recompress my filesystem.
as long as the compressed fs is in /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX on the cd i don't see why it shouldn't work or what that might have to do with size
did you change anything else?
/mnt/cdrom/ is where its at now.
and it needs to be in /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/?
Considering the error is that it can't find the compressed files, that seems to be my problem....

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00