Edit the file /etc/modules as root in a console and add the line aha1542 to the bottom and it should be loaded at boot.Originally Posted by skoske
Hi folks,
I have successfully installed knoppix on my old IBM 300PL. At the installation only two IDE disks and an IDE cdrom were installed in the machine. Now I have added an Adaptec 1542CF SCSI controller with a connected YAMAHA cd recorder.
My problem: the SCSI controller and the attached cdrecorder are not recognized by the system at startup. The Adaptec SCSI BIOS is not installed (BIOS NOT INSTALLED! NO INT 13h DEVICES!), but I think this is correct because the BIOS is only needed when there are HDs or other boot devices are connected. When I start the aha1542 kernel module manually after startup (insmod aha1542) all works fine. Also I tried to enter aha1542=0x334 at the LILO prompt but nothinh happened.
Do you have any idea how I could configure the system in a way that the SCSI controller and cdrecorder will be detected at startup?
Thanks, Sven
Edit the file /etc/modules as root in a console and add the line aha1542 to the bottom and it should be loaded at boot.Originally Posted by skoske
... it's working!!!!!
Thank you!

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$53.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00