Edit the file /etc/modules as root in a console and add the line aha1542 to the bottom and it should be loaded at boot.Originally Posted by skoske
Hi folks,
I have successfully installed knoppix on my old IBM 300PL. At the installation only two IDE disks and an IDE cdrom were installed in the machine. Now I have added an Adaptec 1542CF SCSI controller with a connected YAMAHA cd recorder.
My problem: the SCSI controller and the attached cdrecorder are not recognized by the system at startup. The Adaptec SCSI BIOS is not installed (BIOS NOT INSTALLED! NO INT 13h DEVICES!), but I think this is correct because the BIOS is only needed when there are HDs or other boot devices are connected. When I start the aha1542 kernel module manually after startup (insmod aha1542) all works fine. Also I tried to enter aha1542=0x334 at the LILO prompt but nothinh happened.
Do you have any idea how I could configure the system in a way that the SCSI controller and cdrecorder will be detected at startup?
Thanks, Sven
Edit the file /etc/modules as root in a console and add the line aha1542 to the bottom and it should be loaded at boot.Originally Posted by skoske
... it's working!!!!!
Thank you!

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.79
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99