Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
Nothing could be easier. Run the knx-hdinstall script, toward the end of the install you will have the opportunity to install LILO to the MBR. Choose NO and LILO will instead be installed to the /root partition of your Knoppix install. Then just add your Knoppix partition into /grub/grub.conf file. That's it.
That's precisely what I did (without the aid of having read your advice) and it works fine. I just want to add one comment:

If you plan your partitioning a little you can possibly save yourself some grief later by setting up a couple of separate partitions.
Grub can have difficulty loading load images if they are located too deep in the disk, a problem that can easily occur if you install multiple OSs. Setting up a separate /boot partition can reduce your problems later or eliminate them entirely - particularly if /boot is the first partition on the drive. You can then arrange for grub to find all of the boot images in one place (preferably in separate directories, such as /suse, /rh90 and /knoppix).
Taking things one step further, setting up a separate /home partition allows you to use the same user data regardless of which Linux you boot - you just setup fstab to automount it over the regular /home (you *do* have to be a bit careful setting up the same user/group IDs though). I find this to be particularly handy when I'm online as all my e-mailboxes and browser bookmarks are readily available...
My Red Hat munged "/" when my machine suffered a memory glitch and it was apparently irreparable. However, all my user data was on a separate partition and was unaffected. All I had to do was to reinstall Red Hat - and replace a DDR module - and all my data was perfectly fine...

Just a thought.

GKP