Quote Originally Posted by qman_txun
Stephen
My suggestion to you would be:

1. Boot from the CD and get a working configuration for the X server.
2. Copy the configuration to your HD install by mounting the HD and copying the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to the HD. These steps in a console window (the clam shell icon on the taskbar)
Could I do the samething with the netwok card, since I get to configure network with the cd but I can get it working with the HD. I have finished copied on a HD, when I run netcardconfig it says "no supported network cards found"...

I still very new to linux
It is best to start a new thread maybe refering to the post that you think is relevant in another thread with a url to the thread also I have split your post to a new topic that being said on to your problem.

Some things you can try boot from the cd check the module loaded for your card by using the command lsmod then boot from the HD and repeat the process to comfirm the module has been loaded for your card (BTW details on the type of card would make it easier to help). Also try ifconfig -a in both a HD and CD boot note any changes.

Some things you can do to help us help you:
Post the output of lsmod ,ifconfig -a both from CD and HD boot and lspci -v all these commands in a console window. Also you do not say whether you connect via DHCP or static settings.