Well, I finaly found time to trie configuration of SSH on my FTP server using Knoppix 3.1. Started the box in text-mode as usual.
Tried to start SSH withIt gave an error-message:Code:sshstart
What can be wrong?Code:rxtv: can't open display : 0
I just got this sort of working with fish. I needed to setup sshd on the server and ssh on the clients. Is there some equivalent ftpd I need on the server?
TIA,
Well, I finaly found time to trie configuration of SSH on my FTP server using Knoppix 3.1. Started the box in text-mode as usual.
Tried to start SSH withIt gave an error-message:Code:sshstart
What can be wrong?Code:rxtv: can't open display : 0
How about this as root#Originally Posted by Hermanh
/etc/init.d/ssh start
Hope this helps
I've read that sshstart was a script which takes care of configuration also.
ssh start does start SSH, but does not do anything to configure the server.
Try <K><KNOPPIX><SERVICES><START SSHD>
Enjoy,
That does not work in text mode.
Why must you run in text mode?
Regards,
OK, what was cool, dave who and what exactly are you referencing from docman?Originally Posted by roberto
Regards,
I did an upgrade to Knoopix 3.3 and now the commandworks fine in textmode.Code:sshstart
I run in textmode, because I do not need al the overhead. The PC is just an FTP server.
Because I want to configure my firewall as well, I would like to know which port is used by SSHD.
I'm glad you got it working!Originally Posted by Hermanh
I believe the default for ssh is port 22
Hope this helps

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600
$65.00
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00