-
I've tried this again. This time I configured the knoppix-box started in text-mode (cheatcode: knoppix 2 expert) and logged in as user knoppix.
Of course I did give knoppix a password by typing:
, etc., etc., etc.
The result on the Win98-box are the same as earlier.
On my knoppix-box console the following apeared:
Code:
ftp(pam-unix)[947]: authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=192.168.0.51 user=knoppix
ftp(pam-unix)[954]: auth could not identify password for [ftp]
I am sure I used the right password and username.
I also tried on the Win98-box in IE 6.0 to use the following adress:
IE explorer did exactly the same as when I typed
So what could there be wrong?
I think there might be 2 causes for this:
1. I do something wrong in the host-file.
Maybe the information I put in the host-file about the knoppix-machine is wrong.
I did gave some information about the client, but I think that should not be needed.
If it's needed I still have a problem when I want to connect over the internet.
I do not always know in front on which machine I'm working.
Or should I just put in the information of the firewall/router which will be the first hop for the knoppix-box?
2. There is something wrong with the user.
I'm still getting error-messages when adding a user with adduser
I hope someone can answer me what I have to do to get things working.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By lastinger in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 03:52 AM
-
By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By jimbo70 in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 10:58 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working
$44.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99