There is nothing like winiso but it is possible editing the image with a hex editor. But if you need adding or deleting files a hex editor will not help.
does anyone know if it's possible in linux to edit an iso file like winiso does in windows? I know I can mont it and copy it off but I want to edit it as is in order to keep the boot info in tact.
There is nothing like winiso but it is possible editing the image with a hex editor. But if you need adding or deleting files a hex editor will not help.
probably possible to do in one command but (from memory - I have no internet)
->
mount -t iso9660 /path/to/iso /mnt
&&
mount -o remount,rw /mnt
and edit, then umount.
btw: I tried to use this convert a badly done CD that was all in BLOCK CAPS to lower case but the script I used didn't work, know how to do this?
Sorry but when you loop mount an iso9660 its read only.If your able to make any changes with a hex editor then the file size cant be changed or you borke it.True for the cloop file in the KNOPPIX iso anyways.Originally Posted by iomari
Very easy to insmod the cloop file and cp to wriatable then make changes recompress and burn without breaking the boot stuff and all that info is right here at www.knoppix.net.

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super
$148.66
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93