Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: (Video) "Mode not supported"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5

    (Video) "Mode not supported"

    When running Knoppix from CD I always get this message no matter what I do. This didn't happen before I changed to my new TFT Monitor with 18,1". I tried many options like: nodcc, xvrefresh=60|70, xmodule=vesa, fb1024x768, failsafe. Only failsafe made me see the console for a little longer, but as soon it turned to the xserver the screen gets blank and I just see "Mode not supported" (48kHz, 50Hz). What can I do to make Knoppix run again??? Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    I found out, that Knoppix detects the wrong monitor. I can avoid using the wrong refresh rate until XServer starts. But X-Windows will always use the worng monitor information. How can I avoid that?
    (Work around: How can I save my configuration data?)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by logiker
    I found out, that Knoppix detects the wrong monitor. I can avoid using the wrong refresh rate until XServer starts. But X-Windows will always use the worng monitor information. How can I avoid that?
    (Work around: How can I save my configuration data?)
    Try using the noddc cheat code that stops auto-detection of the monitor.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    1.) Thanks to all.

    2.) The solution of my problems:

    My main problem was starting the Xserver. I could make the console run using options like nodcc, xvrefresh and screen.
    Within the Xserver, where I saw "Mode not supported" again, I tried [ALT] + [CTRL] + '+' / '-'. This worked, but the resolution was about 600x800 on a 18" tft screen. Within the configuration manager I saw two things:
    Maybe the monitor was detected wrong (or it is the same one with different name!?). But the card was not detected correctly. I got a Radeon 7000. Detected was VESA. This combination didn't work and so I used xmodul=radeaon and even xserver works for me...

Similar Threads

  1. 1:Analog Input Cannot Display This Video Mode"
    By downdogWoof in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
  2. "No supported Network Card Found"
    By rayesteq in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:47 PM
  3. Create "My Computer" in KDE (easy mode)
    By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
  4. Using a "non-supported" window manager
    By lueckmw in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 08:06 PM
  5. "No supported Network Cards Found"
    By Angryguy in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M710Q Micro Intel Core i5-7500T 2.7GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M710Q Micro Intel Core i5-7500T 2.7GHz 8GB RAM No AC/HDD/OS

$69.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED

$300.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00