-
Senior Member
registered user
sambapasswd -a knoppix not working
I can't set a samba user password... I'm getting read-only permission errors. I'm going to try to replace smbpassd file with the original from the freshly decompressed KNOPPIX cloop file. Maybe I altered that file inadvertently while tinkering.
If It doesn't work out for me, should I make a symlink and then move the orginial file to a location in /etc/skel ? That way it would be copied into ramdisk at boot-up, and changes made with the smbpasswd command would take when booted from the cd?
Similar Threads
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By nechronics in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 06:30 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00