-
sound and modem problem !!!
:?: I have sound card ALS 4000 and modem motorola SM56 PCI and my Knoppix 3.1 beta can not recognize this hardware.
Can any one help me?
-
Senior Member
registered user
RE: sound and modem problem!!!
<snip>
...sound card ALS 4000 and modem motorola SM56 PCI...
</snip>
I'm not sure about the sound card; it is shown as supported by both OSS (the sound hooks used by Knoppix) and ALSA (the newer alternative). This info by way of a quick search on Google.
The modem is a different matter -- it's JUNK! Even Motorola has abandoned it (I scrapped mine a year ago). I would recommend an Intel "hardware-assisted" (HaM) modem. While not strictly a hardware modem, it IS supported by Linux and they are inexpensive; usually under US$20
-
als 4000
How can I force Knoppix to recognize als 4000, that I can hear sound?
Or how I can install driver and where I can foun that?
Similar Threads
-
By andrewdodd13 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 06:25 PM
-
By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 06:12 PM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 03:05 AM
-
By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 06:28 PM
-
By eadz in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 Intel Core i5 10310U 1.7GHz 16GB 256GB SSD W11P Touch
$164.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 Laptop 14" i5 10310U 1.7GHz 16GB 256GB SSD W11P Touch
$164.99