-
Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?
I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off....what would cause this and how can I fix it. Thanks!
-
Just as a note I tried to go in and use some of those cheat sheet codes and none of them worked:
knoppix xvrefresh=60 doesn't work ( And my monitor supports 85htz at 1152x864 )
Help?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try knoppix vga=normal or noddc to stop auto-detection of the monitor. You may want to try one of the fb images like fb1024x768 and of course there is always failsafe which will boot with minimal hardware detection. Maybe even knoppix vga=normal screen=1152x864 xvrefresh=85 also you never mentioned your video card you may want to use the xmodule=?? cheat code for the card replace ?? with the correct module name eg. nv (Nvidia), ati (ATI)
-
Thanks a lot!!! I will go try it right now.
BTW I have a Gforce FX @ 290/405..only gets 5586 on 3dmark2001
Wish I would have held out for the 5600 ultra which is now at 160$
-
Hrmm, even failsafe didn't work??? Still acting like its too high of a refresh rate except this time flashing with color
-
I got the same problem and still didn't find any working knoppix cheat code. Did you solve the problem yet???
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?

Originally Posted by
Hedgehogsforprez
I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off... what would cause this and how can I fix it?
Which video adapter (graphics card) do you have? Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?
Also:

Originally Posted by
Stephen
In addition to the above suggestions you could try the noddc cheat code to stop auto-detection of the monitor -- some monitors have a problem with that which causes them to blank (out) and that may be happening here.
I missed this message earlier, or I would have responded then...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?
I had this problem also and I tried the [ctrl] [alt] [+] and it worked!
-
[ctrl] [alt] [+] worked for me too, but I got a horrible bad resolution. This way I could find out, that my gfx card wasn't detected correctly. Starting with the cheat code xmodule=radeon it looks much better...
Similar Threads
-
By deathmarch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 01:08 AM
-
By soar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By cj_b in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By keza in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 11:36 AM
-
By GeForce in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$195.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00