-
Trying to load SCSI driver from
Hi, I'm in need of a bit of assistance.
I'm trying to get knoppix (06-06-2003 build) to load up the driver for my New Media BASICS SCSI card on my Toshiba notebook (Satellite 1800). In the boot up sequence it recognizes the card but can't find the driver module (sym53c500_cs.o) on the cd. So I've tracked down a version of it (it's an old card and old driver so I'm not sure how well it will work, but it's all I can find), copied it to a floppy (which also has my config files saved to it), booted with the expert cheat code, and when it asked to load modules from the floppy it found the one it needed, but when cardmanager starts up it says it can't find the driver module. I'm new to Knoppix so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is a problem loading a driver from the same disk as the config disk. Any help would be appreciated.
Two little side questions, if I boot with the expert cheat code, will the floppyconfig code still work and is there a particular order they need to be in. And if I get the SCSI card to work, will I need to use the expert code all the time or will a config save to the floppy have the driver location (ie. the floppy) recorded?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 02:26 AM
-
By Calvi Risorta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 10:26 PM
-
By staalelor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 10:43 PM
-
By ullmanns in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 03:51 PM
-
By roberto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99