Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless PCMCIA Cards for Knoppix

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96

    Wireless PCMCIA Cards for Knoppix

    I am new to Knoppix, Laptops, and Wireless Cards.

    I am looking for a list of wireless cards, hopefuly 802.11G or 802.11B, that work with Knoppix ok, a complete list.

    I would like to see what works and what doesn't work before I go out an buy one.

    thanks

    -Chris

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    I have Lucent Technologies (aka Orinoco) silver card 802.11b. Works great so far with out WEP. I having trouble getting it to work with WEP, though it is probably my inability to configure.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    96
    I got some feedback from other sites about what type of wireless card to get and how to configure it.

    start here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/s.php?q=wireless

    As for cards, I would stick with the Orinoco Gold
    card.

    This thread in particular addresses the Orinoco card
    with Knoppix:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1357#6974
    thanks

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1
    I can tell you ONE card that will NOT work! I have found this out by experience, but, it was only $39 after rebates, and my main OS is WinXP,
    I just toy around with Knoppix.

    But, my card that won't work is the Netgear MA521 802.11b wireless card. I got this to match my Netgear wireless router which I also got for $39 after rebates.

    I boot Knoppix directly from the Live CD. Is there any way to add support for this card?? Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:21 AM
  2. 802.11b 16Bit PCMCIA Wireless Cards
    By rec9140 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 03:33 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 05:53 AM
  4. Any luck with 802.11b wireless pcmcia cards?
    By zippix in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:23 AM
  5. Automagically detected wireless PCMCIA cards?
    By ehawk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone picture

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone

$699.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



LINKSYS SPA3102 VOICE GATEWAY VOIP ADAPTER WITH BUILT-IN ROUTER W ADAPTER CABLE picture

LINKSYS SPA3102 VOICE GATEWAY VOIP ADAPTER WITH BUILT-IN ROUTER W ADAPTER CABLE

$32.20