Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Xine Error

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    Xine Error

    I'm having problems trying to get a DVD to play. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 on a Desknote a929 laptop computer. Sound and video works fine. I have DMA enabled in the modules.conf file. I have the DeCSS lib installed. I have the DVD button on the Xine gui. I have the DVD drive flashed to region free. I have tried dvd_disc regionset utility and it doesn't want to set the region (probably since it is region free flashed). When I open up xine, I click on the DVD button and I get two errors:

    1. Input plugin failed to open mrl 'dvd://'

    2. The source can't be read. Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn't contain data (e.g. disk not in drive). (/dev/dvd)

    I have a symbolic link for /dev/dvd setup which points to /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 and that is a link to the actual block device: /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd

    I have /dev/dvd set up as the dvd device in xine.

    This is what it says in the shell when I click on the dvd button:

    libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 1-beta13 from http://xine.sf.net
    libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.6 for DVD access
    libdvdnav: Can't seek to block 32
    libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/root/.dvdnav/.map'
    libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
    libdvdnav: vm: faild to read VIDEO_TS.IFO

    I've googled all kinds of things and I have checked anything related to this on this forum and nothing seems to cover my problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252

Similar Threads

  1. WMA in xine
    By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
  2. OGM in Xine
    By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM
  3. xine in knoppix 3.4
    By mati in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
  4. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  5. Xine got better from 3.1 to3.3
    By ignuu2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear picture

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear

$24.99



Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985 picture

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985

$32.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00