-
Xine Error
I'm having problems trying to get a DVD to play. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 on a Desknote a929 laptop computer. Sound and video works fine. I have DMA enabled in the modules.conf file. I have the DeCSS lib installed. I have the DVD button on the Xine gui. I have the DVD drive flashed to region free. I have tried dvd_disc regionset utility and it doesn't want to set the region (probably since it is region free flashed). When I open up xine, I click on the DVD button and I get two errors:
1. Input plugin failed to open mrl 'dvd://'
2. The source can't be read. Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn't contain data (e.g. disk not in drive). (/dev/dvd)
I have a symbolic link for /dev/dvd setup which points to /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 and that is a link to the actual block device: /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd
I have /dev/dvd set up as the dvd device in xine.
This is what it says in the shell when I click on the dvd button:
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 1-beta13 from http://xine.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.6 for DVD access
libdvdnav: Can't seek to block 32
libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/root/.dvdnav/.map'
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: faild to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
I've googled all kinds of things and I have checked anything related to this on this forum and nothing seems to cover my problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
-
By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM
-
By mati in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By ignuu2 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50