-
Junior Member
registered user
Using two different mice (one USB and one PS/2)...
Simply put, my main mouse is a Logitech dual-optical USB mouse that works just fine in my HD install of Knoppix. However, what inspired me to install Knoppix/Debian in the first place what the ability to get gcompris and other educational games for my 2 1/2 year old son.
I just picked up a PS/2 mouse today that is designed for smaller hands. An ideal solution would be to pop that on the PS/2 port and have it be the default mouse that is active when I log into his account.
Failing that, having both mice available works too.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Joe
-
Senior Member
registered user
Never tried to make a certain mouse set as default before but you can definitely have both mice connected and they will both work. You don't need to deactivate or unplug one or the other just use whichever one you like. I have a Logitech cordless USB abd a ps2 connected to this machine right now in fact. On and BTW- this wouldn't be possible on any other distro AFAIK unless you modified /etc/XF86Config-4 to look like the one that Knoppix creates with entries for both USB and ps2 mice. In fact, I use Knoppix to generate all of my XF86Config files for all distros becasue it does the most awesome job of it.
HTH
-
Senior Member
registered user
--I love Knoppix's ability to do most things well, but SuSE's Livecd 8.2 generated the best XFree config file. (I couldn't do vmware fullscreen with best res until migrating suse's sax2-generated config file.)

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
Never tried to make a certain mouse set as default before but you can definitely have both mice connected and they will both work. You don't need to deactivate or unplug one or the other just use whichever one you like. I have a Logitech cordless USB abd a ps2 connected to this machine right now in fact. On and BTW- this wouldn't be possible on any other distro AFAIK unless you modified /etc/XF86Config-4 to look like the one that Knoppix creates with entries for both USB and ps2 mice. In fact, I use Knoppix to generate all of my XF86Config files for all distros becasue it does the most awesome job of it.
HTH
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Dave_Bechtel
--I love Knoppix's ability to do most things well, but SuSE's Livecd 8.2 generated the best XFree config file. (I couldn't do vmware fullscreen with best res until migrating suse's sax2-generated config file.)
I couldn't get the SuSE disc to finish booting on either of my machines. That was a real disappointment too- I've heard lots of good things about it.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus
Never tried to make a certain mouse set as default before but you can definitely have both mice connected and they will both work. You don't need to deactivate or unplug one or the other just use whichever one you like. I have a Logitech cordless USB abd a ps2 connected to this machine right now in fact. On and BTW- this wouldn't be possible on any other distro AFAIK unless you modified /etc/XF86Config-4 to look like the one that Knoppix creates with entries for both USB and ps2 mice. In fact, I use Knoppix to generate all of my XF86Config files for all distros becasue it does the most awesome job of it.
HTH
No luck so far, even using tried the Knoppix boot CD and seeing if I could make it work on my WindowsME installation. Might either be a bad mouse or bad PS/2 port, still troubleshooting....
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
joekm
No luck so far, even using tried the Knoppix boot CD and seeing if I could make it work on my WindowsME installation. Might either be a bad mouse or bad PS/2 port, still troubleshooting....
Well, turns out it was the PS/2 port. However, it wasn't bad, I was just shut-off in the BIOS. Everything works OK now.
Similar Threads
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00