-

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
Not all .files get copied from /etc/skel
I just noticed that some of my configs aren't getting copied to /home/knoppix For instance I made a directory called .icons that has my custom cursors in it, but had to manually edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script to get that directory to copy over. I noticed that my .opera does not copy into /home/knoppix either, so there are several .files I need to add in to that script or else only some of the changes I made to kde's config work.
You also have to chown -R root:root all the files in /etc/skel
They will get chowned back to knoppix when the script copies them to knoppix's home.
Thanks. I know all that, and added my files to 45xsession, but it wasn't the problem. I've already discovered the real problem and I was right - it wasn't in any new files I've added. Its a race bug which exists in 45xsession and which my remastering only triggered. I'll post about it separately.
Similar Threads
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By salted in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
-
By syd in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 03:56 PM
-
By cascadefx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$71.87

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99