Drivers that are provided by the manufacturer:
http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_mdp3880.htm
Hi! I just downloaded knoppix and tried it. I was trying to go online, but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone tell me if there is any way to configure Knoppix to make my modem dial to my ISP and connect to the internet? Thanks!![]()
Drivers that are provided by the manufacturer:
http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_mdp3880.htm
is your modem a winmodem ?
What have you done so far? Have you run pppconfig?
Yeah i am using a winmodem, and i just downloaded Knoppix yesterday. I only know how to use some of the stuff inside. But my modem wouldn't work with Knoppix. Can you help me?![]()
Ooops... my modem is not a winmodem. I sorta misunderstood the word winmodem. I thought winmodem means that modem with driver that only works on Windows. Mine is actually an plug and play.
Please post the exact type of Modem, not just the brand, but the chipset. The instructions on linmodems.org tell you how to do this.
Thanks for trying to help!I already fix the problem with the shell script that mattT gave me. The script created the S4 port for my PCI modem. Again, thanks for trying to help!
Perhaps you could post the script here so people searching the forum will find the solution to the problem in this thread.Originally Posted by Enoch Chan
Log in as root, open the bash shell and type the script in.
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
**Script written by MattT![]()

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$159.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95
Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC
$550.00
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (1x32GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16S-32GVK
$149.99