Drivers that are provided by the manufacturer:
http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_mdp3880.htm
Hi! I just downloaded knoppix and tried it. I was trying to go online, but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone tell me if there is any way to configure Knoppix to make my modem dial to my ISP and connect to the internet? Thanks!![]()
Drivers that are provided by the manufacturer:
http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_mdp3880.htm
is your modem a winmodem ?
What have you done so far? Have you run pppconfig?
Yeah i am using a winmodem, and i just downloaded Knoppix yesterday. I only know how to use some of the stuff inside. But my modem wouldn't work with Knoppix. Can you help me?![]()
Ooops... my modem is not a winmodem. I sorta misunderstood the word winmodem. I thought winmodem means that modem with driver that only works on Windows. Mine is actually an plug and play.
Please post the exact type of Modem, not just the brand, but the chipset. The instructions on linmodems.org tell you how to do this.
Thanks for trying to help!I already fix the problem with the shell script that mattT gave me. The script created the S4 port for my PCI modem. Again, thanks for trying to help!
Perhaps you could post the script here so people searching the forum will find the solution to the problem in this thread.Originally Posted by Enoch Chan
Log in as root, open the bash shell and type the script in.
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
**Script written by MattT![]()

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00