Drivers that are provided by the manufacturer:
http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_mdp3880.htm
Hi! I just downloaded knoppix and tried it. I was trying to go online, but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone tell me if there is any way to configure Knoppix to make my modem dial to my ISP and connect to the internet? Thanks!![]()
Drivers that are provided by the manufacturer:
http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_mdp3880.htm
is your modem a winmodem ?
What have you done so far? Have you run pppconfig?
Yeah i am using a winmodem, and i just downloaded Knoppix yesterday. I only know how to use some of the stuff inside. But my modem wouldn't work with Knoppix. Can you help me?![]()
Ooops... my modem is not a winmodem. I sorta misunderstood the word winmodem. I thought winmodem means that modem with driver that only works on Windows. Mine is actually an plug and play.
Please post the exact type of Modem, not just the brand, but the chipset. The instructions on linmodems.org tell you how to do this.
Thanks for trying to help!I already fix the problem with the shell script that mattT gave me. The script created the S4 port for my PCI modem. Again, thanks for trying to help!
Perhaps you could post the script here so people searching the forum will find the solution to the problem in this thread.Originally Posted by Enoch Chan
Log in as root, open the bash shell and type the script in.
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ttyS4
ln -s ttyS4 modem
chmod 777 modem
chmod 777 ttyS4
**Script written by MattT![]()

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99