-
Knoppix broke my computer...
This is a serious problem for me because I did this in work thinking nothing would be a problem, but then the computer refused to boot up again. I really would like to not lose my job as a result of Linux. I simply put the knoppix CD, latest version, in the computer, A Dell P-IV, and booted up, everything was great. I decided to shut down and when Knoppix told me to remove the CD, I did, but then instead of hitting enter, like it said, I just turned off the compuer by accident. I turned the computer back on and it sounded like it was booting up, but the screen just kept flashing "No Signal". The monitor is a Planar LCD screen if that helps at all. I previously read a post that said to unplug it and hold the power button in for like 10 seconds to totally drain the power, but I'm not sure if that will work. If anyone can give me a definite answer, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
-Steve
Similar Threads
-
By GaTk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By Shadda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By joshua in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC
$1299.00

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99