-
Junior Member
registered user
howto add users after hd install by copy from cdrom
I installed knoppix 3.2 (2003-06-06 EN) onto a free partition of my hard disk by following the FAQ instructions:
* run knoppix from the cdrom
* mount the partition
* copy the directory tree
* fix fstab and lilo (in my case, grub)
* create a user directory "knoppix"
It works, GREAT! Now I would like to create a couple more users, with passwords, and have root have a password too, with a normal login procedure at start up. Could someone please explain (at newbie level) how to do this?
I did manage to make knoppix into a nopasswd sudoer so I can log in to a terminal as root and from there do anything I like, of course. [I edited the /etc/sudoers file, having mounted my knoppix partition from another OS]
Or should I start all over, running knx-hdinstall? (which I didn't know existed till too late)
Similar Threads
-
By dtz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By nosirrah in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
-
By JPWhite in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:48 AM
-
By adamm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 10:17 PM
-
By sepht in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 5.2GHz 3D V-Cache CPU NEW SEALED
$400.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99