Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

    there should be a minimal version of knoppix of course!

    But I'd like to see someone put something like f-prot in there and let their (f-prot's) script to update the virus definitions be put into a persistent home and/or any other changable media (cd/floppy/usb drive) or a part of the loaded/changeable OS.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Have you had a look at the Knoppix Customizations page? There is a Knoppix STD that might fit your requirements- I have yet to check it out.

    In fact - I hadn't been to the customizations page in a while- WOW - some people have been busy! This is great stuff!!!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2

  5. #5

    Re: knoppix-std

    Quote Originally Posted by freeballer
    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2
    I have a page that talks about using a modified Knoppix distribution to scan Windows systems with f-prot. At the bottom I have the beginnings of an update to the article that talks about installing f-prot to a Live (ie running) version of knoppix thanks to a script from FabianX.

    Check it out here: http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/admin...KnoppixCd.html

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

Similar Threads

  1. Minimal Knoppix Install ? (to fit in a cdrom card ).
    By gabdab in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
  2. minimal knoppix version
    By ihtiandr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
  3. Minimal Knoppix Live CD
    By dapissarenko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
  4. Knoppix for Virus Scanning
    By SolarCat in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. minimal Knoppix
    By ZerBit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250

$25.99



Samsung 860 Pro 256GB V-NAND SATA Solid State Drive SSD MZ-76P256 MZ7KH256HAHQ picture

Samsung 860 Pro 256GB V-NAND SATA Solid State Drive SSD MZ-76P256 MZ7KH256HAHQ

$49.95