-
OS X to the rescue
Hi guys,
Thanks Jorge. I found the root console and will use it all the time.
Stephen, the message I get is
sudo: qtparted: command not found
Here is the (partial) solution I have found. My goal is to be able to have access to the pen drives under several OS's - Knoppix, OS X, Mac OS 9, XP, ME & 98. After several permutations, I formatted the pen drive in MS-DOS format under OS X. This was the only format I could find that could be read by OS X, XP and Knoppix. However, under Knoppix, the drive does not show up on the KDE desktop even though I am able to mount and write to it from the console. I tried Refresh Desktop and also rebooting. If I could get it to show up that would be great but if not, at least my students can get their Java files saved on it. BTW, which of the several editors that come with Knoppix do you recommend for editing Java files?
Thanks,
Jeff
Similar Threads
-
By naterd00d in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By marynobrain in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By Keilaron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By echelon in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 08:50 PM
-
By powertc_g4 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware.
$500.00

10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD
$220.00

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99