-
accessing floppy drive
When using a floppy to load configuration files at the start up of Knoppix (which works very well), I noticed that the floppy drive icon is no longer present on the desktop. How would I access the floppy for saving files when using the floppyconfig option??
Thanks
-
accessing floppy, part 2
Or, to put it another way: How can I put the floppy icon back on the KDE desktop after using it for a 'floppyconfig' startup. I want to remove the config floppy after starting up and put the drive icon back on the screen with a new floppy inserted for saving files, etc.
Thanks again, all. Knoppix is great, and runs perfectly on my 1.2 Ghz Dell!
-
Senior Member
registered user
I do this all the time as we can't save our source code on the CD....
Anyway, I don't use the floppy icon, I just open the home folder and search for /mnt/floppy using Konqueror or open a shell and
ls /mnt/floppy
or
ls -l /mnt/auto/floppy
or
cp /mnt/floppy/fyfile.cc .
or
cp myfile.cc /mnt/floppy
etc.
Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By matthew629 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:50 AM
-
By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By stickycricket88 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:01 PM
-
By talz13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 01:18 AM
-
By icu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00