-
Junior Member
registered user
Changing Bootloader (Syslinux) Message Colors
Hi
How's does one go upon changing the colors in the message the syslinux bootloader gives out? I figured out how to remove the image, but now I wanna change the colors.
I read some guids online, but it didn't seem to help me. Can someone explain how to do this indetail? Preferably using vim as the editor.
Colors I want to use ito try is black background with green text and i also wanna try white bg with black text.
Thanks for help or examples!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Read syslinux docs - the format is described there.. I'm not sure you can use vi . I've done it with hex editor since there are some strangi ascii chars in there..
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yep, your right, vi is the reason for the troubles I was having. Changed to a hex editor, put everything in and now works perfectly.
-
vi editing is possible too. use Ctrl+V Ctrl+char for those ^Char thingies
Like - Ctrl+V Ctrl+O for color (^O)
Similar Threads
-
By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 04:04 PM
-
By ducman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 01:49 AM
-
By phx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 03:10 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 01:32 PM
-
By clintonian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99