-

Originally Posted by
scissors
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick
Thank you. But I have read that. I even read the German version to see if that made more sense. It is not what I am looking for. On the second line it states: "CAUTION: The complete filesystem of Knoppix will be shared". The German version adds to that: "Das ist also nur für eine Rettung geeignet, da jeder im Netzwerk auf die Dateien Zugriff hat". Please see my original post. I have already managed to share my entire filesystem (without any shell-commands). But what I want is to share only certain directories. Sort of like how sharing in Windows or MacOS works.
Now I could be missing something here, but as far as I know Samba stands for "Server Message Block" also known as NetBIOS; it is used to share files between Linux and Windows systems. That is what I conclude from the man-pages _and_ from the above mentioned FAQ anyway.
But if it can be used for my purposes I guess I will need more directions.
Regards,
- - Edwin
Similar Threads
-
By RedCharlie in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:32 AM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Apple PowerBook 1400c Vintage Macintosh Laptop Untested No Power Cord & Modem
$99.99

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

VINTAGE Apple Macintosh Security Lock Kit M0201 + Lock + parts NO BOX Original O
$24.99

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99