BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
I have run Knoppix from the CD twice and tried the so-called "poor (wo)man's" install. On my Win 2K partition I had a Favorite Linux folder and also got a few emails (in Outlook) signifying answers to my earlier post. These emails and the Linux folder mysteriously disappeared. Can anyone shed some light here?
Thanks.
BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
Assuming that you didn't try writing to Win 2K (presumably NTFS) from Knoppix, then it's some kind of Outlook problem. I hear NASA had a similar problem during one of the space missions.
BTW, Outlook is probably the most dangerous thing you can have on a computer: do consider (maybe over a couple of tequillas) using something else.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00
$399.99
DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 Laptop to Desktop Memory Adapter Card SO-DIMM To PC DIMM Lot
$55.27
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00