BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
I have run Knoppix from the CD twice and tried the so-called "poor (wo)man's" install. On my Win 2K partition I had a Favorite Linux folder and also got a few emails (in Outlook) signifying answers to my earlier post. These emails and the Linux folder mysteriously disappeared. Can anyone shed some light here?
Thanks.
BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
Assuming that you didn't try writing to Win 2K (presumably NTFS) from Knoppix, then it's some kind of Outlook problem. I hear NASA had a similar problem during one of the space missions.
BTW, Outlook is probably the most dangerous thing you can have on a computer: do consider (maybe over a couple of tequillas) using something else.

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack
$175.90
New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM
$34.95
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00