BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
I have run Knoppix from the CD twice and tried the so-called "poor (wo)man's" install. On my Win 2K partition I had a Favorite Linux folder and also got a few emails (in Outlook) signifying answers to my earlier post. These emails and the Linux folder mysteriously disappeared. Can anyone shed some light here?
Thanks.
BTW, I do have a firewall installed...
Assuming that you didn't try writing to Win 2K (presumably NTFS) from Knoppix, then it's some kind of Outlook problem. I hear NASA had a similar problem during one of the space missions.
BTW, Outlook is probably the most dangerous thing you can have on a computer: do consider (maybe over a couple of tequillas) using something else.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested
$54.50
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99