-
KDE mystery
Hi,
I'm posting this topic in the general forum although its something that happened to me during customization/remastering, because the problem no longer seems related to remastering but directly to KDE. Its a really frustrating
problem and I hope someone with KDE knowledge could shed some light on it.
After my latest remastering, the default knoppix kde setup disappeared. I get the knoppix wallpaper and the knoppix splash window, but during initialization, in the "loading panel" phase, the root window goes picture-less, and the icons and toolbar seem to be the default KDE ones instead of the knoppix ones. Its as if the knoppix user has no .kde (although it does - the one form /etc/skel).
So far, you'd think "sure, you changed something in /etc/skel or /usr/share/knoppix/profile!" Well, I haven't. The customization just added some programs which are not KDE-related in any way.
In fact, I hashed all the files in the system, once during a session with the version working properly and once with the version which has broken kde environment. I diff the two lists to see which files changed. Strangely, no kde files changed in /KNOPPIX. In fact, nothing but the files I added seem to be different, and these files have nothing to do with KDE.
/KNOPPIX/etc/skel remains identical, and yet, once KDE is initialized, /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.kde suddenly contains a lot of new files, apparently created by KDE during initialization. The whole environment seems to reset to default during the part where KDE says "loading panel".
I don't understand where it gets this different panel since the files are the same. Anyone knows where the "loading panel" phase takes files from ? Isn't it the ~knoppix/.kde which came from /KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde ?!
Similar Threads
-
By eon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
-
By WedDa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
-
By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop Processor CPU SR1QJ
$10.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00