Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Bootable Starcraft CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    7

    Bootable Starcraft CD

    I thought it would be mildly cool if I could make a Knoppix disk that would have starcraft built in. All you need do is stick in the CD, reboot and voila, starcraft for all.

    I was wondering how I would go about this or if there was already such an invention floating around the 'net. I'm a total newbie as far as linux is concerned but I'm willing to learn.

    I have a legal copy of Starcraft and Starcraft: Broodwar. I also downloaded the 6/6/2003 Knoppix 3.2 ISO and I've burnt it to a disc.

    Anyone know any sites or tutorials that would help me out?

    Baby steps please.

    --Scythe--

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    If there is a Starcraft mod it can't be redistributed because it's proprietary. Morfix game mod has Freecraft. Maybe not as cool as Starcraft (I've never played Starcraft) but still a fun game to try out.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    7
    If I wanted to make it totally legit I would just do it with the spawn install version of starcraft. It's TCP/IP or UDP MP only. That's all I want.

    Can anyone link me to a good program, that runs under windows, that lets me chop and choose programs that go into my linux ISO? I want to chop everything out and just have Wine and the starcraft files in there so starcraft will run.

    I'm running NTFS so I don't really want to stuff around in linux to get a new ISO. I've found this "knoppix-customize" program but it's a CLI-based thing and is rather tedious to use.

    --Scythe--

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17
    Scythe

    Before you go ahead and put in any hard effort into Remaster KNOPPIX for your Starcraft autoloader with wine, first check that Starcraft works on wine.

    Unless I am getting the wrong impression heres what I recommend you go do first. Wine isn't your perfect Everything Works Windowns Emulator for Linux. In fact, there are tons of programs that don't work at all and/or have many issues with them. As wine progresses, it gets exponentially better by each day, but first do a HDInstall of KNOPPIX and see how StarCraft works in Wine. Cause its very well possible that it won't work at all, or it may work very well.

    Once you know that situation, then it would be the right time to go full head of steam for remastering Knoppix.

Similar Threads

  1. creating the bootable cd
    By neil c in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  2. Help with bootable cd!
    By widget in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
  3. knoppix bootable cd
    By woodrow in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:50 AM
  4. Bootable UDF CD-RW possible?
    By infoMafia in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
  5. for those without bootable cd
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-23-2002, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517 picture

IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517

$1249.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99