Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bypassing Window Manager + Sound Problems Q's?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17

    Bypassing Window Manager + Sound Problems Q's?

    This is going to be my last question for a while, I promise! Time for a return of favor after this quesetion to help out others as this was a learning experience for me

    Getting to the Point:
    When I boot KNOPPIX and the graphical server starts, I don't want to start KDE, Gnome, or any of the other Window Managers unless I absolutely have to (and I know I don't have to, I think). When I do that, and start my program/game launcher "LoadProgram" no sound appears to be working.

    Now here is my problem. BTW, KDE is still installed. With the mod I just mentioned, well, great, sound isn't working at all! So after a given amount of time, the program locks up, but is easily resetable and works again. NOW, heres the catch, when I start kde and load the program, with the remastered disk, the sound works perfectly with no lockups.

    Anyone no whats the problem here?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17
    It all fixed now, NM

Similar Threads

  1. Window Manager does not start
    By RattyMan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM
  2. How to integrate new window-manager?
    By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:12 PM
  3. clean boot into window manager
    By John in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:25 AM
  4. What should I use for my Window Manager?
    By e7eMeNt in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:02 AM
  5. change window manager
    By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM picture

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM

$949.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95