View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
To Edwin:
OK, I figured-out when cupsd returns that "98" error. Right after I boot-up the KNOPPIX CD, sudo cupsd (in shell) returns nothing, but starts the cups daemon as http://localhost:631 (in konqueror) works only after that.
Now, whether I configure the printer with
<K><KNOPPIX><Configure><Configure printer(s)>
(the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool)
or with
http://localhost:631
(the cups admin webpage)
I then get the error right away. This happens in shell with sudo cupsd even before printing from the app of my choice. So its not KATE. Also, its not the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool. It must be a problem with CUPS itself.
To Paradox:
Thanx for your input, I now have the same results you have in the control center. However, printing as you suggest (with *.ps) is a bit too cumbersome for use on a daily basis with students....
To All:
There's another twist. I can't print from any app, but the CUPS admin webpage can send a test print job to my printer and it comes out just fine. What's up with that???
TIA,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3000 288-Pin DIMM XMP CMK32G
$600.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00