View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, by now I'm desperate to accept just about any explanation why this isn't working right. You say its the ocean now? OK, makes sense, I live right by the Atlantic, so while I wasn't looking, aliens from the 4th dimension that came from the 23rd and 1/2 century mind controled whales off shore to come into my house over night to hack my copy of 20030606. Yup, that's it!
Now, seriously, you think its a problem with the print driver CUPS uses for my printer or the *.ps filter CUPS is using?
Well, here's my error log after boot and configuring printer "mrg" before I print anything. I'm out off my office for the summer, so I'm stuck testing on one local printer. If I were at work, I could test local vs. networked, inkjet verses laser, etc.
cat /var/log/cups/error_log
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:05 +0200] Listening to 0:631
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:05 +0200] Loaded configuration file "/etc/cups/cupsd.conf"
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:05 +0200] Configured for up to 100 clients.
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:05 +0200] Allowing up to 100 client connections per host.
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:05 +0200] Full reload is required.
E [22/Jul/2003:22:32:05 +0200] LoadAllClasses: Unable to open /etc/cups/classes.conf - No such file or directory
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:07 +0200] LoadPPDs: Read "/etc/cups/ppds.dat", 209 PPDs...
E [22/Jul/2003:22:32:07 +0200] LoadPPDs: Unable to write "/etc/cups/ppds.dat" - Read-only file system
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:07 +0200] Full reload complete.
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Setting mrg device-uri to "parallel:/dev/lp0" (was "file:/dev/null".)
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Saving printers.conf...
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] New printer 'mrg' added by ''.
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Saving printers.conf...
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Printer 'mrg' modified by ''.
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Saving printers.conf...
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Printer 'mrg' now accepting jobs ('').
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Saving printers.conf...
I [22/Jul/2003:22:32:58 +0200] Printer 'mrg' started by ''.
Also, the test.txt and test.cc files print as plain text in M$ WINDOZE using M$ NOTEPAD. Further test.gs (with GV for WINDOZE) and test.pdf (Acrobat Reader for WINDOZE) print-out just the same as in KNOPPIX (still missing the black text).
I'm working on the rest of your post.
Regards,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-13400F 10 Core 16 Thread Processor SRMBN
$126.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99