View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanx fingers99, but that post didn't help either. It said to goto the a shell and type "sudo cupsd" but nothing happended. So I opened a root shell and typed just "cupsd" and only got the following output:
cupsd: Child exited with status 98!
What the heck is going on here???
I've tried the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool with Local and Networked printers, with HP DeskJets and HP LaserJets, with the new recommended hp driver and with the old patched hp driver. BTW, all this worked fine in V3.1. Nothing Works Now!
I tried printing from KWrite and Kate, they freeze. BTW, I used those editors because of the syntax color coding for C++ and Java (that's all the IDE I need). Then I tried another app. I opened one of the LinuxTag *.pdf files on the CD with Acrobat, tried to print and BOOM freeze again!
The problem must be CUPS or the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool.
REALLY FRUSTRATED,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99