View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
To Mike:
Like I said, I've been using V3.1-2003_01_01 at school with no problems. But I need the latest Java libraries from GCC or BlackDown. Both projects are trying to make a GPL version of Sun's Java SDK 1.4.1.
I need this in teaching AP Computer Science next year as I have to teach Java for the first time. However, the SDK libraries in 2003_01_01 are incomplete as GCC and BlackDown are still works in progress.
I was hoping to keep up with their updates as KNOPPIX is updated. Doesn't Klauss update all the software included on the CD each time he uploads a new version (with apt-get, etc.)?
Anyway, I did a clean boot and cupsd worked in the root shell without error, but nothing else happened. So I used the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool and tried to print. I get each app I try to print from to freeze again with a dialog box like
Printing document: test.cc
Generating print data: page 1
<close>
To Edwin:
When running cupsd after this happened, I get that excited child 98 error again. Is something wrong with the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool after all???
OK, so I did another clean boot and http://localhost:631 did nothing in Konqueror. So I tried cupsd in the root shell and now I get an admin menu using http://localhost:631. Finally some progress. I haven't had a chance to play with this, but I am now at least hopeful that I'm going to get somehwere.
BTW, if I have success using http://localhost:631 now, that would mean the error is not in KATE (or anyother app I'm printing from), nor is the error with CUPS, its with the KNOPPIX Printer Configuration Tool! Something, I'm afraid, is seriously wrong with it!
To Klauss:
Are you listening?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning
$63.99