View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
Am I the only one having all these difficulties printing with the latest KNOPPIX CD? I can't believe it, how can this be? I guess I've been spoiled with cups and the configuration tool....
I was so desperate recently that I rechecked the *.iso's md5sum (which I check right after downloading before burning anyway) and had no problem. I even tried the KNOPPIX testcd boot option and everything was OK. What gives here???
OK, so if its not cups, its probably not the Printer Configuration Tool either. BTW, its not KATE either because I printed (using ld) files created with KATE - I just can't print directly from KATE or any other app. SO WHAT IS WRONG???
BTW, this http://localhost web admin stuff is pretty convenient! Are there localhost options other than 631?
To Paradox:
You suggested saving files to *.ps (or maybe even *.pdf) to preserve the color text and or graphics in an output file. Then you can print that file thru some sort of filter, right? Why would you need to do this if you didn't have trouble printing too?
Regards,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz DIMM 288-Pin CMK16GX4M2A2133C13
$60.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00