View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
>>
These reboots are maybe not needed. But when trouble-shooting a computer I do it frequently. It has to do with my experience in the Mac-world. And old habits die hard.
<<
To Edwin:
Yes, I do this too. However, I was thinking that it should only be necessary to kill offending processes (any frozen apps, cupsd itself). What do you think?
Anyway, so you think its something wrong with KDE? Its not just KDE apps I have trouble printing from. True, I've been using mainly KDE apps in class (Konqueror, Konsole, Kate) but I also opened a *.pdf file with acrobat reader and had the same trouble printing.
Maybe I should try some other apps or starting KNOPPIX with a different desktop manager. Does cups only work with KDE?
BTW, I've never submitted a bug report. What's involved? You say that the fact that cupsd doesn't start at boot-up has been reported. How do you know that? Did you report it? How do you see what's been reported? Is that in fact a bug? I never noticed if cupsd started at boo-up in other versions of KNOPPIX.
Regards,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning
$63.99