View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-
Senior Member
registered user
And the saga continues:
/var/log/cups/error_log is empty right after booting the CD.
After configuring the printer, the error_log was like my last post.
Job1 = test.pdf printed from ACROREAD to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in color text + no freeze! The only problem is that the black text never was written by VIM to the *.pdf file in the first place....
I [24/Jul/2003:12:02:45 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 1.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:02:45 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 1.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:02:45 +0200] Job 1 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:02:45 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 168
for job 1.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:02:45 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 1689) for job 1.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:02:45 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 1690) for job 1.
Job2 = test.ps printed from KONQUEROR (which probably is using a GV plug-in) to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in color text + no freeze! The only problem is that the black text never was written by VIM to the *.ps file in the first place....
I [24/Jul/2003:12:09:08 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 2.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:09:08 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 2.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:09:08 +0200] Job 2 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:09:08 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2092) for job 2.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:09:08 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 2093) for job 2.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:09:08 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 2094) for job 2.
Job3 = test.txt printed from KATE to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in plain text (no color) + no freeze!
I [24/Jul/2003:12:12:18 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 3.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:12:18 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 3.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:12:18 +0200] Job 3 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:12:18 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2321) for job 3.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:12:18 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 2322) for job 3.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:12:18 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 2323) for job 3.
JobX = test.cc printed from KATE to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This did not print anything (should have been in color text) + KATE froze! There was no entry for this job (should have been Job4) in the error_log....
Job4 = test.pdf printed with lp to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in color text! The only problem is that the black text never was written by VIM to the *.pdf file in the first place....
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 4.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 4.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Job 4 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops (PID 2741) for job 4.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2742) for job 4.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 2743) for job 4.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:18:33 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 2744) for job 4.
Job5 = test.ps printed with lp to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in color text! The only problem is that the black text never was written by VIM to the *.ps file in the first place....
I [24/Jul/2003:12:20:07 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 5.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:20:07 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 5.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:20:07 +0200] Job 5 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:20:07 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2849) for job 5.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:20:07 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 2850) for job 5.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:20:07 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 2851) for job 5.
Job6 = test.txt printed with lp to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in plain text (no color)!
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 6.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 6.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Job 6 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 2974) for job 6.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2975) for job 6.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 2976) for job 6.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:22:01 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 2977) for job 6.
Job7 = test.cc printed with lp to mrg (HP DeskJet 930C). This printed fine and in plain text (no color)!
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:09 +0200] Adding start banner page "none" to job 7.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:09 +0200] Adding end banner page "none" to job 7.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:09 +0200] Job 7 queued on 'mrg' by 'knoppix'.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:09 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 3056) for job 7.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:10 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 3057) for job 7.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:10 +0200] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip (PID 305
for job 7.
I [24/Jul/2003:12:23:10 +0200] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 3059) for job 7.
BTW, the file test.cc is as follows.
//main routine
int main()
{
cout << "This is a test!!!" << endl;
return 0;
}
This is exactly what printed-out in Job3, Job6 and Job7. The color print-outs (Job1, Job2, Job4 and Job5) only show the following.
//main routine <--blue
int <--green
"This is a test!!!" <--red
return <--orange 0 <--red
These are the on-screen colors in ACROREAD and KONQUEROR(GV). The original colors in KATE are as follows.
//main routine <--grey
int <-- brown main() <--black
{ <--black
cout <--black << "This is a test!!!" <--red << endl; <--black
return <--bold black 0 <--blue ; <--black
} <--black
In other words, the print driver used in VIM to convert to *.ps or *.pdf file formats lost all the black code. Needless to say that VIM also has different color coded syntax to start with.
Regards,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99