I don't want to turn this in a OS-war; there are better places for that. But I can't resist this.

Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
But MS would have gone bankrupt sometime before the DOS 3.3 release if they had ever turned loose of an OS that couldn't print.
Well actually they have done that. It was called Windows 3.11. I don't know which version of DOS it used, but printing anything over 20 pages (be it text or WORD) crashed any computer we had in our office then. Found a stagiaire that needed to print her report for an evalution the next day in tears one evening (and six crashed computers). Brought my Mac to the rescue. Printed the report. Stagiaire happy. Her teacher (the next day) happy too.

Thank you MicroSoft. I spend the rest of the evening sorting out the crashed computers.

But the game-plan was to sort out the stagiaire.

Cheers,

- - Edwin