View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-

Originally Posted by
j.drake
I never got it to work this way, despite several tries, but when I re-read Jorge's comment in the other thread, I tried K -> Knoppix -> Configure -> Configure Printers. It went smoothly and all is well
Hmm.... The two procedures seem identical to me, except that by going through the K-menu this module is displayed in it's own window and not in a frame in the Control Center. I can't imagine that there is duplicated code for these two methods. Great that it worked, but it is wierd.

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
Are we agreed then that its a KDE error?
Yes. Kate and Kwrite probably use the same mechanism to convert their internal format to PostScript. And something goes wrong there.

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
BTW, look what I just got as a reply from bugzilla:
sometimes you just need to wait some time for the print-filter to work (10min or more!)
This is ridiculous! What is it supposed to do in those 10 minutes? Run Seti@home? Disprove the Collatz conjecture? Sending secret messages to the whales?

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
OK, I just did the detailed debug in the CUPS server and got tons of lines in the error_log when printing my color text file (test.cc) to my color printer from KATE. KATE still crashes, I still get no hardcopy, I still have to kill the KATE process and I get a ton of lines starting with "d" or "D" in the error_log that don't help me at all....
If I have led you to believe that turning on this tool would somehow enable your printing I apologize. All this tool does is give some insight on what is going on in CUPS's internals. I never expected it to get this far, somehow guessing that Kate crashed before passing her output to CUPS. I am more than willing to have a look at your error log. I want to report this at Bugzilla on the KDE site. And having been on the recieving end of bug-reports I know that the more detail the better. So if you are willing to go through the motions one more time...
Boot from CD, start CUPS if necessary, install printer and _then_ set the log-level to 'Debug Information'. And please don't choose 'Detailed Debugging': that output is so enormous it can kill a whale.
Do whatever you have to do to save the error_log and send as a attachment to:
<evanmaastrigt> <wanadoo> <nl>
My mailbox is relatively spam-free and I intend to keep it that way. So in the above address remove spaces, greater- and lesser than chars, and insert an "at" and a "dot" char at the right place.
And if paradocs is reading this and is willing to go through this: send me your error_log as well. Might help a lot actually.
Regards,
- - Edwin
PS: sorry for not responding earlier, but running on 115 Volts makes my computer a wee bit slow ;-)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77