View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:
- Voters
- 19. You may not vote on this poll
-
Programming
-
Surfing
-
Gaming
-
Multimedia
-
Desktop Publishing
-
Other
-

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
Also, do you really want me to email you that error_log? Have you been able to make head or tail of one of htese huge error_logs before? Are you one of the developers, then?
Yes, I do like to have a look at that error_log, and no, I am not one of the developers. I can't garanty anything of course but I have been doing some reading on CUPS. There are a lot good resources out there, including tutorials on how to read that error_log. Those were in German, but I can read that good enough. Just for fun I simulated a few errors (printing to non-existent printers, mucking up a PostScript file and then printing it) and I could spot the errors. And I noticed a couple of threads on the German Knoppix forum describing the sort of problem you have.
"If you never shoot, you will always miss" is a saying in my country. So, email me that file, I'll have a shot at it, if I can't locate the error it will still help with a bug report: I'll just put in on a website and include a link to it.
Any way, if I have to choose between figuring out a 1000-line Linux error_log and a 1000-line VBasic program I'll take the first option anytime :-)

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
BTW, this must be some sort of record - we have nearly 5 pages in this one thread already! :
Let's keep it running; we could win the price for the longest thread on this forum: a free copy of Knoppix ;-)
Regards,
- - Edwin
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$288.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99