View Poll Results: My main use of my KNOPPIX CD is:

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Programming

    5 26.32%
  • Surfing

    4 21.05%
  • Gaming

    3 15.79%
  • Multimedia

    0 0%
  • Desktop Publishing

    0 0%
  • Other

    7 36.84%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Seriously Miffed @ KDE!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

  1. #61
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Hey, that's great news j! There was a time there that I thought we weren't getting to your problem. Well I guess that time is past!

    Now you want to do an HD install??? OK, you are just out of control, man. This is just getting too scary for me....

    PS: Houston, we have page 5!

    Good luck,

  2. #62
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Now you want to do an HD install???
    Not yet. I'm not ready to marry the penguin, not just yet. OTOH, I did post a new thread that touches on this issue, having to do with my inability to see my C: drive when booting from CD. See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3936

  3. #63
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, I replied to

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3936

    see what you think.

    Regards,

  4. #64
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    It's a foomatic driver (whatever the H that means).
    Quote Originally Posted by www.linuxprinting.org
    Foomatic is a database-driven system for integrating free software printer drivers with common spoolers under Unix. It supports CUPS, LPRng, LPD, GNUlpr, PPR, PDQ, CPS, and direct printing with every free software printer driver known to us and every printer known to work with these drivers.
    If you want to know how it got it's name: http://www.linuxprinting.org/foomatic-about.html

    - - Edwin

  5. #65
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Computer Science Land!
    Posts
    11
    Don't worry AJ! It'll be all better soon!!!! :P

  6. #66
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    BUMP!

    OK, I figured out this whole mess. For some reason, on my knoppix-installer as knoppix home PC, everytime I boot into KNOPPIX I have to pretend to configure my printer again. I go <K><KNOPPIX><CONFIGURE><CONFIGURE PRINTERS> and just click on the printer that I defined previously, then all is well. I can print from any app, KDE or Otherwise! Don't know why I need to do this, but that's the work around.

    Regards,

  7. #67
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Computer Science Land!
    Posts
    11
    OMG! No kidding?
    :P

    GO AJ!!!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD

$70.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5

WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache

$70.00